St. Mary’s Catholic Church | Visit Website
3025 Central City Road
Joplin MO 64804
Saint Mary’s Catholic Church was established on October 16, 1938 and was originally housed in a small residential building, located on the NE corner of 22nd and Jackson Ave. During World War II, the Church saw much growth and a new building, affectionately called the “Quonset Hut”, was built in 1945. This served the parish until the late 1960”s. At that time, a larger church was needed and built at its current location on 25th Street.
Through the years, St. Mary's grew to serve more than 700 families and as a result received several refurbishings and additions. On May 22nd, 2011, the entire St. Mary's physical plant was completely destroyed by an EF 5 tornado but the large iron cross remained. When the electric utility purchased the majority of the land to expand their operations in that area, the diocese and church purchased land on 32nd Street and Central City Road for their new home in the Spring of 2012. St. Mary's held the dedication Mass of their new church on December 17, 2014.
With numerous activities, St. Mary’s parishioners are dedicated to serving Christ in ministries that provide for the community. St. Mary’s Parish remains constant with their commitment to stewardship, as more Parishioners take ownership of their Parish.
St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church | Visit Website
812 S. Pearl Street
Joplin MO 64801
Established in 1876 by Father Henry O’Reilly, St. Peter’s parish originally consisted of 12 to 15 families of German, Irish and French origin. Seeing the need for a larger church, construction began in 1905 and was dedicated in 1907. Designed by famous Joplin architect Austin Allen, the church was based on European Gothic medieval churches - the Late Gothic Revival style. The 17 stained glass windows which were donated by founding families is just one of many significant architectural features of this structure that placed it on the National Register of Historic Places.
Continuing to grow through the years in ministry and service to the community, St. Peter’s Mission states, "We, the parishioners of St. Peter's Catholic Church, are led by the Holy Spirit to further our faith community. Through prayer and action we proclaim the Word of God and live out the message and mission of Jesus Christ to know, love, and serve others."
Sacred Heart Catholic Church | Visit Website
909 North Madison
Webb City, Missouri 64870
Serving the Catholic Community since 1908, Sacred Heart welcomes People of Faith in
Webb City, Carl Junction, Airport Drive, Oronogo, Carterville, North Joplin and surrounding communities. Sacred Heart’s Mission Statement reads, “We shall love the Lord our God with all our heart, all our soul and with all our strength. And we shall love our neighbor as ourselves”, and depicts the commitment in serving Christ among their fellow parishioners, community, and all citizens.
As a Welcoming Parish to the Hispanic Community, Sacred Heart offers a Hispanic Mass at 12:15 p.m. every Sunday, in addition to its other masses.